Personal Privacy is Important
At SEL we do not collect personally identifiable information (e.g. name, address, phone number, email address) unless you specifically and knowingly provide such information. We will ask you to provide us with only the personal information that is needed to complete your transaction, enable us to provide customer support, or comply with your request. We may also ask for optional demographic or interest information which helps us better serve our customers.
SEL collects statistical site information for customer traffic patterns and site usage. This information may be used to administer our web site, diagnose problems with our server, or to improve the design and content of the information provided for your use. You may always visit our site and browse without giving us any personal information.
SEL wants you to:
- Feel comfortable using our web site.
- Feel secure submitting information to us.
- Contact us with your questions or concerns about privacy on branchesgenealogy.com.
- Know that, by using our web site, you are consenting to the collection of certain data to be used by SDE.
- Collect and store only that information volunteered by you (in the registration process or in response to surveys or contests for internal marketing or research efforts only.
- Create standard usage logs through or Web server.
- Require certain personal information from you to activate and maintain access to site features, such as “chat” and message boards or opinion polls.
- Request certain personal information (such as names, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address or household demographics) from you to help us draw conclusions about site traffic and overall usage, build a better site, and help our clients make decisions about advertising on branchesgenealogy.com.
- Prominently disclose to you, the intended use of any information to be collected from you or about your use of branchesgenealogy.com.
- May contact you for product introductions or other sales purposes.
SEL will not:
- Use the web server to recognize information regarding the e-mail address or domain name of individual visitors to our Web pages.
- Sell lists or user names, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses or any other personal information to third parties.
- Give user names, or any other personal information, to an advertiser without the user’s permission.
- Disclose user information to someone else unless required by court order or allowed by the user.